Login

TOPIC: Playing on MAC but crashing

Playing on MAC but crashing 11 months 2 weeks ago #17471

• RBPjellies
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Is there any known problems that would mean my game won't load on my Mac.

A few things.

I am still playing the game using 'ProjectGorgonLauncherMac'.
This is my graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
my OS is: macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Previous to this and not so long ago I have had no problems ever, playing PG. I have updated to Sierra since then.

When I first logged, things seemed fine, I was in Illmari. I quickly ran into a sandstorm to die, entered the light, and as soon as I went to Serbule - black screen....

Now when closing and re-opening the game, it pops on screen for a second, and then back to black screen.

Any thoughts?

With thanks,
RBPjellies.
With thanks,
RBPjellies.
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by RBPjellies.
You must log in to post or reply.

Playing on MAC but crashing 11 months 2 weeks ago #17475

• RBPjellies
  • Premium Member
Update:

This morning the game does show the screen, but as soon as I try to do anything, it just completely freezes.

I have experienced pretty bad lag in serbule before, but nothing that crashed the game, or would be fixed by patience.
With thanks,
RBPjellies.

Playing on MAC but crashing 11 months 2 weeks ago #17478

• srand
  • Administrator
  • Citan's occasional partner-in-crime.
  • Thank you received: 58
Sorry if I am misunderstanding, but do you mean that you are able to get this character logged in but it immediately freezes? Can you get any other characters logged in?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RBPjellies

Playing on MAC but crashing 11 months 2 weeks ago #17479

• RBPjellies
  • Premium Member
Okay, I logged in using my bat char.

He was in the PvP dungeon, where i last used him. Everything down there ran very smoothly, and then as soon as i went up into Serbule, the game froze.

This is basically what happened with my main, and now when I log on, he's in Serbule, and when ever I try to move the game screen completley freezes.

Is it possible that my connection is just too bad to handle all the traffic in serbule? I'm online in UK via wifi and i have 17.5mb download speed.
With thanks,
RBPjellies.

Playing on MAC but crashing 10 months 2 weeks ago #17827

• Observer
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

Just to add to the original post I can confirm the same thing started happening on one of my machines as soon as I upgraded it to Mac OS Sierra (10.12.x).While there are two video cards in the laptop the one in use is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M with 1024 MB.

The same hardware had some issues running the game in 10.11.x (especially after the unity 5.3-5.4 upgrade). Most noticeably the Kur crashes which were addressed with workarounds. But other than the very poor fps/lag in some areas everything was working. Using the same hardware running the Windows client also had no issues.

Immediately after upgrading to 10.12 locations that previously had poor fps performance now would start flashing black screens (rahu & sebule in town, or when crossing the north bridge) and eventually lead to a lock up of the client.

Screenshots